Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mixed Media Card Deck



Hi There,

Have you ever altered a deck of cards?  I have, and its so much fun!  

Here are some cards that I designed for a card deck swap.
DSC_0025-WM

This is a great project to use recycled items like cereal boxes, instead of an actual deck of cards.  You would just cut it down to size.  I also think that this size card is a wonderful for trying different techniques.

My creative process for this project:

 Selected pretty DCWV Paper..
DSC_0002

Gluing the cards to the back of the paper
DSC_0004


A layer of gesso
DSC_0008


First layer of paint
DSC_0011


Second layer of paint
DSC_0017


Stamping
DSC_0019


And here are the back of my cards.  More DCWV paper...Luv that glitter!
DSC_0030-WM

I have participated in several altered deck swaps. I love receiving cards from other creative artists!

I hope that this project has inspired you to create something!

Remember our Mixed Media Challenges will start June 1st!

Thanks for stopping by,


~Tameko~

1 comment:

  1. This is great Tameko, I love it! Thanks for the tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete