Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Guest Designer Sara Emily

Today we welcome our amazingly talented Guest Designer Sara Emily from Saras's Closet.

Autumn is my favorite time to craft, so I was really inspired by the theme 'Harvest With a Twist of Adding Fruit' and pulled out some fall colors, stamps, a stencil and embossing folder.

For my leafy background panel, I started with a card stock scrap cut to size for a card.I applied Spiced Marmalade Distress ink to the raised side of Tim Holtz embossing folder and embossed the card.. I cut another piece of scrap using Tim's Tattered Leaves die and used the cut leaves as a mask.I stamped with a Tim Holtz script stamp in sepia Archival ink, then blended with Fossilized Amber Distress ink.Leaving the masks in place, I placed Tim's Flourish stencil over the left side of the card and applied Ranger Transparent Matte Paste. I sprinkled on clear micro beads and Clear Rock Candy Distress glitter while the paste was still wet. I removed the stencil and washed it immediately. When the panel was dry, I repeated the same process to the right side.

Removing the masks, I painted the leaves with a water pen and Distress crayons in Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, and Rusty Hinge. I just got Pumpkin Spice Distress ink after this step, so I applied some randomly to the background with a water pen. When the card was completely dry, I replaced the masks and blended with Vintage Photo ink and lightly wiped off the stenciled areas with a damp cloth. I dribbled some water for some aging, and dried. I splashed on coordinating inks and applied Distress Crazing randomly. It's a mixed media mess at this point but most of it will be covered up, so no worries.

If you would like to see how I made my embellishments and wood grain backing panel, I welcome you to pop over to my blog, sarascloset.

I would like to thank Jannet and the rest of the talented Design Team for allowing me to craft along side them today! It has been such a pleasure working with you!

 

5 comments:

  1. Stunning piece Sara Emily! Thank you for guest designing with us at Mixed Media Mojo. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I adore your leafy background panel Sara - it is breathtakingly gorgeous - so fall - so yummy. So thankful you got a great photo of it before you covered it up. To me - it was a piece of artwork just by itself! Wonderful creativity on your guest design project - Harvest will soon be here! j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this inky swirly leafy background is fabulous!!! Congrats on your guest spot, Sara Emily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous background, full of color and textures - it's amazing just by itself! Awesome, Sara!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, ladies for having me and for these lovely comments! I sure had fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete